Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Here we go!! Let's paint a sink!!

Hi Everyone,

 I am so excited!!  Here is my 1st official project for my blog.  Now when I started this blog, I thought, hmmm, I'll show some sewing...and I'll show some machine knitting, and I'll show some embroidery...
But then I started fixing up some things around the house, and decided to redo my bathroom.
 I have some big plans for later, as in tearing out walls and adding a double sink and yada yada yada,  so for now I just wanted to make it look nice and do it for the least amount of money possible.
I did a little research on you tube and found some ideas and decided to paint the sink since it was an eyesore, and I didn't want to replace the top yet, not at 168.00 for the cheapest. So here ya go, here are 3 videos showing start to end. Now mind you I still have to paint the bathroom, but I was so excited in the results....hope you enjoy too!! And maybe you will try it too and send me some pics!!




2 comments:

  1. I love it - so what paints did you use please
    I have the EXACT same problem in my sinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting!! I used basic acrylic paints you can get at any hobby store. They usually sell for anywhere from 80 cents to a little over a dollar. I coated the top after the acrylics with a clear finish.
    If you search you tube you will see a lot of ideas for it.

    ReplyDelete